Total Pageviews

Friday, October 8, 2010

Bananadrama.

Miranda asked  me for a snack today. Hmm let me see what we have. Look here, what about a banana? She looked at the banana and then looked at me. Her face was a picture of disbelief. I tried to tell her that the banana was at its ripest and would taste really good. This didn't work so I thought about what I could do with the fruit instead of throwing it in the trash. Banana muffins for Saturdays breakfast sounded good so the deal was sealed.
I threw in some walnuts just because lately Miranda has been eating them like they were going out of fashion and bananas love walnuts. You could even use some apples, pears or press a dollop of peanut butter in the middle before they hit the oven, maybe with some good chocolate chips.

13/4 cups all p flour
3tsp b powder
1.5 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1/3 cup ground almonds
1/3 cup brown sugar
2-3 large ripe bananas
2 eggs
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup milk
3 tbsp honey/agave

Sift flour, b powder and cinnamon into a bowl. Stir in nutmeg, sugar and almonds.
Mash bananas in another bowl and add eggs, oil, milk, and honey.
Add to dry ingredients and stir until complete.
Spoon into muffin  trays and bake in a 375 oven for around 20 minutes or until springy.

Serve warm with knobs of butter and some more honey/agave.

















No comments:

Post a Comment