Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscar Night.....

So when Maura, Miranda and Quinn got dressed up to watch the Oscars I planned a special dinner for all of us. I really like to braise meats right now. This is a form of slow cooking but can only be called braised if the meat is seared before being put into the slow cooker. Enough of the trivia, I purchased some lamb shanks from Bristol Farms. The shank is a relatively inexpensive cut of meat because of the long time it takes to be edible but after 3 hours of slow, loving simmering you have meat which melts in your mouth. If you don't have any major plans It's the kind of meal you can set and forget.




 The shanks being seared




 After 2 hours of cooking


 I made some blue cheese mashed potatoes with truffle oil and of course butter and cream




1 comment:

  1. lovely pics...great blog!!! following you now...

    visit my blog too...

    http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/

    kissses!!!

    ReplyDelete