Total Pageviews

Friday, December 24, 2010

It just gets better with age...

 I can definitely see a difference in Miranda's outlook on Christmas this year as opposed to last year, and I faintly remember thinking the same thoughts last year. She has been a complete ball of excitement all day long asking questions about Santa and where can he be. Keep in mind this started at breakfast time on Christmas eve.
Every year we gather up her Aunts, Uncles, Grandma and Grandpa and go out for dinner on Christmas eve. The past few years have taken us to 555 Steakhouse in Long Beach where the food is out of this world. Afterwards it's home to lay out the treats for the man in red and his trusty animals. Tonight Miranda wanted to sprinkle reindeer food out on the driveway which she made at school from oats and glitter and we watched the sky for any untoward sightings that may have been something other than the passing traffic heading into Long Beach airport. When she was a couple of years younger I had a conversation with my brother who had expressed concern about having to carry on with this tale of Santa Claus with his daughter. I can see where he was coming from, but now I'm not too worried about it, Miranda is just knee deep in Christmas cheer and I can see the sparkle in her face, almost shining as bright as the Christmas tree.
This year we are blessed to have Quinn with us for his first Christmas and he on the other hand has a look of bewilderment on his little face, but I know it wont be long until he will be asking the same questions as his sister.
Christmas is a great time of the year and I have lots of special memories from when I was growing up but becoming a parent has opened a whole new set of memory doors now. Watching my children's faces light up and seeing them gasp and squeal on Christmas morning is truly a gift which cannot be bought anywhere.

Merry Christmas.




1 comment:

  1. That sparkle in their eye is so very special. I hope tomorrow is just as great. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete